Director of Human Resources
EGA Associates | See all 4 jobs from Ferra Executive Search
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
(job is remote)
The Director of Human Resources drives all aspects of the strategic and tactical people strategy to support short-term and long-term business goals. This strategic role will be responsible for all aspects of the HR function: workforce planning; talent acquisition and retention; compensation and benefits; training and talent development; organizational design as well as compliance.
The Director will recommend, direct and implement programs and policies that reinforce a positive employee atmosphere and develop action plans along with leadership to drive employee engagement and retention. This is a strategic, think on your feet role as a business partner where you will have broad scope while working with all members of the management team. It also requires a tactical, “roll up your sleeves” approach.
Compliance / Collaboration:
• Assures all required documents obtained are in compliance with standards for employees, contractors, and sub-contractors
• Services as the Affirmative Action compliance officer
• Advises team/leadership of any potential Human Resources issues internally and with field employees
• Manages compliance with all state policies to assure company practices align with requirements across state lines and within federal regulations (SCA, WDA, etc.)
• Generates and manages all federal and state reporting (EEO, VETS, etc)
• Translate business strategies and objectives into the appropriate HR actions and initiatives
• Provide consulting expertise in the areas of organizational effectiveness, employee relations, performance management, employee retention, change management, manager coaching, compensation planning and programs, talent acquisition, and retention, benefits plan, etc.
• Ensure proper implementation and execution of HR programs and initiatives
• Ensure compliance with all federal, state, local regulations as well as internal policies, and procedures
• Develop practices and programs that attract, retain, and develop the best possible talent in the marketplace and make the company an employer of choice. Partner with management to hire, train and motivate their team to deliver results
• Strategically select and administrator of all corporate and employee benefits and services to include health care programs, 401k, life insurance, disability insurance, leave management, and benefits
• Collaborate with management and staff to drive workforce planning initiatives within department teams
• Provide proactive guidance and counsel to managers and employees on employee relations issues
• Manages biweekly payroll, time & attendance, and HRIS system processes for the company including employee and state jurisdiction/ tax. The current system is ADP Workforce Now.
• Proven track record of HR leadership required including HR strategy development, talent management, talent acquisition, performance management, leadership development, total rewards, workforce engagement, and HRIS (ADP)
• Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and influencing skills required
• Demonstrated sense of urgency and ownership
• Demonstrated ability to operate in a fast-paced, high-energy environment
• Must demonstrate strong business acumen and business partnering skills
• Informal "roll up your sleeves and get it done" leadership style that is people-centric, effective, and marked by a high level of energy
• Proactive in developing and effectively introducing alternatives to current HR practices as appropriate
• Program and Project Leadership skills
• Well-developed team building and influencing skills, unquestioned integrity, and the experience, confidence, and stature to effectively address sensitive HR issues
• Demonstrated responsibility in building, leading, and mentoring a team strongly preferred
• Perform other duties and responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time.
Candidates to possess 5-8 years of direct Human Resources experience.
A bachelor’s degree in an HR-related field is required, while holding a master’s degree is not required but strongly preferred.
Professional certificates in PHR or SHRM-CP is a plus.
This is a remote position and will be performed out of the candidate’s home-based office. Individual must have the discipline to work in this environment and needs to be reliable and readily available throughout the workday.
+ Familiar with government requirements around Service Contract Act (SCA) and Wage Determinations
+ Flexible and eager to help the team where needed to complete the mission
+ Entrepreneurial mindset
+ Servants mindset
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required. The position requires someone who is professional, an autonomous thinker, and not afraid to ask questions or make decisions with limited input while using best judgment. The individual holds themselves to a high ethical and moral standard. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Demonstrates strong motivational, time management, and organizational skills. Ability to travel and work remotely. Ability to work closely with peers, partners, and other team members. Ability to work independently with general supervision and to keep the information confidential. Lead through example with a servant mindset.
COMPUTER SKILLS: Microsoft Office Suite, Google workspace (G-Suite for Business), MD Staff, ADP, Tungsten, Copper, Crelate, and other systems as required
CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS: Strong interpersonal skills to foster teamwork and create positive connections with customers. Establish and meet goals to increase efficiency improving customer service.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to work with significant mathematical concepts. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.